After 8.5 months and 13 countries, today is the day I fly out of Lima and spend 47 hours on 3 different planes and in numerous airport terminals making my way to family and friends for a month in Bali.
It’s definitely not been one of those “finding myself” trips – in fact, I managed to lose money, clothes, brain cells, dignity and I’m sure a whole lot more along the way – though it has been the time of my life. Food, sights, parties, activities, adventures and most of all amazing new friends.
I’d like to thank the following (in order of appearance) – it wouldn’t have been the same without you…
- Mumsy – because for every one of my achievements, she deserves a little thanks.
- LBi – for paying me far too much money, which meant that I could be job free, budget free and worry free for 9 months.
- The Advertising Industry – for making it so easy to leave.
- Kel / Payno – for being the worlds best cousin and travel buddy I could ask for. This trip wouldn’t have started nor have been as amazing without you. Also, for patching me up after the knife accidents, kicked toes, splinters and all of the other various injuries.
- Liam – for everything. Especially for putting up with me for almost every second of everyday for close to six months. Not so much for the beard.
- Lee / Pinhead – for being the best friend a girl could hope for and someone that would fly all the way to Guatemala just to surprise a friend in the middle of nowhere. For staying just as close even though you’re a world away.
- The Germans – for being so awesome, friendly and fun they went from travel acquaintances to life long friends in a few short weeks.
- Josh / Puppy – for being one of the most best guys I have ever met. Remember that I still own you and you only left because I let you go.
- Mark and Grace – for being you. For being the instigators. For being such good winners and losers at cards. Especially (SORRY) FOR PARTY ROCKIN.
- Wes – for being a major babe and brilliant person to boot.
- Petey – for being the best dive buddy I could hope for. Also, you have a sandy clam.
- Tehmani – for the girl talks.
- The Colombian Coffee Growers – for nothing.
- Lyne and Mark – for being such avid readers of the blog. You probably won’t have a clue what Liam’s doing for the next month… unless he needs money.
- Diazepam – for making travel and transit that little bit easier
- To each and every country – for being amazing in your own unique way.
- My stubbornness – for making me keep this blog so I can remember my trip when I’m old, gray and losing my marbles. Come to think of it, where did I put those?
That’s it. That’s all.